Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Finer Things

Today, my toes have mostly been in the sun. So have Ainsley's, although hers were kickedy-kicking most of the afternoon. Meanwhile, Sophie climbed the holly tree to death-defying heights.

She paused to make herself lunch, which is always amusing to me because she is so particular about it. She rounds out the portions (dairy, veggie, fruit) just as I would, carefully arranges the items on her plate, and always elects to pour her milk into a proper ceramic mug rather than a childish cup.

Today, I found her eating and singing on the front porch. Everything she does reminds me of Frances, the little badger in the Bread & Jam for Frances (and other) books. She had picked one of the first spring blooms from the yard (thoughtfully - she said she didn't want to kill the whole plant) and placed it in the tiniest vase by her plate.

Be still, my heart.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone... because some thoughts need to be shared before they vanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment